Mrs Negative

Mrs Negative embraces her tardy Positive. Life after IVF and loving the son I never thought I'd have.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Big Game..

Blue & Gold.
The colours of the Rugby League team I support.

I was born into a very fanatical "Parra Eels" loving family. As kids we were taught to say "Parra" before anything else.

There is something tribal about loving your team. When they are winning one can become insanely passionate.

When they qualify for the Grand Final for the 1st time in 23 years...well, one's head may explode from sheer delight. Last weekend I joined my family & 82,000 other spectators to cheer on our beloved Blue & Gold warhorses.

I created my very first football banner....the perfect accessory for a 37 year old woman! It was huge fun.
I kept thinking of the "Seinfeld" episode called "The Face-Painter"...Elaine's new boyfriend paints his face in team colours and she is mortified at his immaturity. What a hoot!

Here I am! Hilarious!
My Banner said "THE r'EEL d'EEL"...so smug was I with my imaginative play on words.
Sad. My team lost.
Sadder. My banner poles nearly impaled the poor lady in front of me on several occasions.
Saddest. I wasn't on the TV.
Happily... I am ready to do it all again next year!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pixxiee said...

Awesome! Sorry the Eels lost - but hey, still cool they got to the finals. I can see Cooper being dressed appropriately in years to come - team mascot maybe?

12/10/09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol get you high - tramadol same high vicodin

18/3/13  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home