Mrs Negative

Mrs Negative embraces her tardy Positive. Life after IVF and loving the son I never thought I'd have.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Infertility is a Dirty Whore. Chapter 147.

Like Topcat said.... There's alot of heart heavy bad news around in blogland this week. Losses, failures, battles. The black hole of infertility. We all loathe reading that our sisters are in pain. How do you convey sorry when a heartbeat has stopped? Circle the Wagons. That's all we can do.

I have just returned from Target. My brother told me there was a 50% off Sale on Baby items (including nursery furniture) so I bid my desk farewell & gleefully skipped toward Target.
It was a frightful nightmare. At first I thought perhaps Target were giving away Free Gold Bullion Bars and that would explain the frenzy of shoving, pram pushing women. But alas, no. It was just human nature at it's worst (Day-time Women folk & a SALE). I walked a few steps in a daze & muttered "This Makes me SICK" to anyone who would look over their loot long enough to see me. Really, the whole thing was un nerving. How many toys & games & crap do our kids need? Consumer madness, I say.

I have my 19 week scan tomorrow. I hope Hef isn't pissed off I didn't purchase a THING for the nursery today. I'm still glad I walked away with my empty hands placed over my bump.
Come on kid, we don't need this. Let's go get an ice cream.
My shout.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

You know I hate these sales. I admit to going last year and honest to bloody God I swore then and then I would never go again.

It was 2 woman that really turned me off. They both had young babies ( still dressed in their P-J's ( Middle of freezing winter)- no jumper, shoes or even socks. Both small babies had streaming green noses and were sitting up in a trolley.
When the doors opened these 2 mothers ran in like everything in the shop was free and continued to fill 3 trollies worth of overflowing toys.
They continued on their path of destruction until they reached lay-by when one of the babies starting crying. The mother reaches in her bag and on auto pilot shoves a lollie pop into this poor babies mouth.

Her bill came to $1300. Yes $1300 worth of toy's, yet really all her bay needed was a warm jacket a pair of socks and a healthy meal. After all it was only half 8 !!

NEVER EVER AGAIN !!

19/7/07  
Blogger Topcat said...

Ahhh, Target sales. *shudder* Good on you for leaving sans laden trolley.
Yay for your scan tomorrow! Nearly on the halfway mark, wow!

19/7/07  
Blogger Sarah said...

good for you! just the thought horrifies me.

20/7/07  
Blogger Lut C. said...

All the baby will want in the beginning is you. Lots of you. :-)
And perhaps a fresh diaper now and then.

20/7/07  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home